Friday 22 February 2013

Devon's 2nd Charlie and Lola Party


For my daughter's second birthday party we chose a loose Charlie and Lola theme as she is absolutely obsessed with the books and the television show.

We only had it at home and our house is tiny so it was rammed, with just 8 kids and their parents.  We had to be mean and have a no grandparent rule, as they would have had to have sat in the bathroom for lack of any more space!

We kept it simple. I bought the plates and cups etc, with all the Charlie and Lola motif on and then made a few bits to go with it.



I made her party invitation by adapting the front cover of a Charlie and Lola book.  I made extras to put together into bunting along side jammy dodgers and party rings.


We made a giant table to sit the kids around and I made felt crowns for each child to wear.


Felt crowns


I'm not a fan of junk food, so I tried to keep it all as healthy and tasty as possible.
I made Lola's favourite drink, pink milk using milk wizzed up strawberries and a tiny bit of sugar to taste. 

The kids and grownups lapped it up, much better than any fizzy drinks or squash, that my daughter doesn't like anyway.

I made a load of pizzas and cut them out with a star cutter, got pom bear crisps and crudites, I made biscuits using whizzed strawberries and icing sugar frosting, which tasted amazing. 

The party food

Strawberry biscuits with Charlie and Lola rice paper pictures stuck ontop.


Home made jelly.
I don't like all of the e numbers that goes into packet jelly and making your own is so easy.  Here I used  a new, sand free sandcastle bucket and made jelly with fruit juice and gelatin   Surprisingly the adults ate way more of this than the kids! I should have added more gelatin as one of the turrets fell off just after taking this shot!

The birthday girl munching away.


Cool, party-going dude in his cowboy shirt!


Rice crispie squares, simple and scrummy, with edible stars thrown on top!

Party bags made out of brown paper with a home made colouring book attached.
Inside was a celophane-covered home made strawberry biscuit, a felt wand, pencil crayons, bubbles and balloons.


The party table.






1 comment:

  1. Never seen such an exquisite birthday arrangements. Booking one of the pretty venue NYC for my sister's birthday was the best decision. Really liked the services and staff attention given to all guests. Reputed caterers and bakers were hired. Dishes were all well garnished and served in classy crockery.

    ReplyDelete